Sientra Biocorneum with SPF 30
BIOCORNEUM is the only advanced scar treatment with FDA-Cleared Silishield patented crosslinking medical grade silicone and SPF 30 that:
- Prevents and minimizes the formation of hypertrophic scars
- Decreases the appearance of old scars
- Protects scars from sun exposure’s darkening effects dries quickly to adhere to skin for 12 to 24 hours
BIOCORNEUM can be used on scars resulting from surgical and cosmetic procedures, trauma, wounds and burns, and it can be effective on old or new scars.
Silishield Patented Crosslinking Silicone
FDA-Cleared Silishield Technology advances the benefits of traditional silicone sheeting through the comfort and ease of a gel. Patented crosslinking silicone creates an invisible shield that feels like a second skin and helps reduce the appearance of scars. It can reduce redness and discoloration, soften and flatten new and older hypertrophic and keloid scars resulting from surgical procedures, injuries and burns.
How to Use:
- Ensure the affected area is dry and clean
- Apply a thin, even layer two times a day (morning and evening) over the scar area
- Allow to dry completely before sun exposure
- Once dry, BIOCORNEUM can be covered with pressure garments, clothing, or cosmetics
PRO TIP: For maximum effectiveness, BIOCORNEUM should have 24-hour contact with the scar area for the duration of the treatment. This can be assured by applying twice a day. Begin treatment after the wound has closed or sutures have been removed.
Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 15%, Meradimate 5%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 10%
Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silicon Dioxide
Key Ingredient(s): Silicon Dioxide, SPF
Product Type: Scar Treatment
Ideal for These Concerns: Scars
Ideal for These Skin Types: All Skin Types